Subject: Re: [Leica] SPR: OFF-TOPIC
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:33:30 -0800

I can't tell how annoyed people are getting on the off topic discussion
of movies but its my impression that most photographers wand to be
filmmakers and most filmmakers want to be photographers. Up the street
we have Gus Van Sant who has cameras to die for and a photobook out of
portraits which I think is great from Poloroid Negs. (of unrecognizable
celebs.) The list goes on. We are shooting with the camera innovative
for its use of movie film to shoot stills. There is a consistent cross
over.
I think of a film as a slide show played quickly with added soundtrack
and storyline.
Mark Rabiner
Portland