Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmar C 90mm
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:56:12 -0800

Gareth Jolly wrote:

> I'm thinking about buying an Elmar C 90mm for my M6.  Besides the
> obvious (i.e. f4 vs f2.8) can any one tell me how an Elmar C compares to
> an Elmarit?
>
> My natural inclination is to keep searching until I find an Elmarit because
> f4 seems rather slow, but I'd appreciate any views.
>
> Thanks
> Gareth Jolly

You should check with Erwin Puts because I recall him saying they were
similar. The speed would not be an issue for me personally but I do
think the newer 2.8 lens is worth it. Some French magazine a year or two
back practically saying it's THE great lens in the history of optics.
Mr. Puts saying however the brand new Summicaron Apo ASPH leaving the
2.8 in the dust and that is by far not a direct quote. Check out his
stuff it is first on the list on the Leica official site of Links of interest.
Mark Rabiner