Subject: RE: [Leica] Darkroom user survey - Definitely Final Result
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:41:17 -0500

Friends

Including a few VERY late respondents, I counted 90 users.   Close to about
13 percent of the LUG use the traditional darkroom.  Not bad at all.

Generally, darkroom buffs have really twice the fun of photography!

Dan K.

- -------
I don't want to get this digital v. wet battle going again, but I would
point out that whether or not the results are comparable, digital scanners
and printers have just as much fun, with drier hands and less risk to lungs
and DNA, than those of you who spend half your lives in the dark.

And...As I sit here at my desk working on a position statement for a
pharmaceutical company, I am able to scan negs and run off a print while I
take a sanity break - a hard thing to do if you have to get up, to the
darkroom, set up, etc. etc. etc......

:-) B. D.

P.S.

By the way, an ENORMOUS THANK YOU to which ever LUGer ysterday suggested
using Vuesmart software with the HP scanner - What an improvement!