Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmar C 90mm
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:37:21 +0000

I have no comparison to offer, but I have a lot of experience with the
'thin'  2.8/90 mm Tele-Elmarit M model that takes the 39mm filters. I
bought the lens because prices are so low. However, it turns out to be a
lens that there is no need to upgrade. 16x times enlargements are stunning!
But then I use a tripod, stop down to 5.6, use Delta 100 and I am generally
careful when developing. BTW, among today's messages is one from Harry Haig
who wants to buy a 21mm lens and offers a Tele-Elmarit in part exchange.
Perhaps you can do a deal with him. I see the advantage of this lens (over
the f4 one) as being one step (= one stop) ahead when stopping down, which
obviously improves the result, especially in the f4 and 5.6 range.

>I'm thinking about buying an Elmar C 90mm for my M6.  Besides the
>obvious (i.e f4 vs f2.8) can any one tell me how an Elmar C compares to
>an Elmarit?
>
>My natural inclination is to keep searching until I find an Elmarit because
>f4 seems rather slow, but I'd appreciate any views.
>
>Thanks
>Gareth Jolly

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58