Subject: [Leica] RE: movies
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:56:54 -0800

At 11:31 AM 2/19/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Its opinion.  I simply disliked a full 30 minutes of guts flying around.
>True to life, yes.  Necessary?  Not for that period of time.  He needs to
>lesson shock value and pick up more story.  I realize I am a minority saying
>this, but shock value does nothing for me, its the story that counts, and
>the re-make of a Sullivan Bros type of flick as Spielberg did was a weak
>story line pumped up by the shocking first 30 minutes.
>
>Peter K

This is why I buy film instead of movie tickets.

Love stories, comedys, and musicals are great, but I watch them at my
leisure, via VCR. Or I go to a concert (saw George Winston a couple of
weeks ago) or a play.

Anything that "needs" a wide screen and 200 dB of quadraphonic sound (to
the point where your ears hurt), exploding humans, napalm drops, or
disgusting chain saw or ax style serial antics, is "not" something that I
need or even want to see.

Ixnay on the udblay and utsgay,

Jim