Subject: Re: [Leica] R6.2/7 mirror lock up
From: Michael Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:14:31 -0500

Hoyen ~simontart~ wrote:

> I remember hearing about a push-button substitute for the cumbersome
> cable-release-actuated mirror lockup on the R6.2 and R7 cameras.  Does
> such a contraption exist, and if so, where can I view/buy it?

Mirror lock-up release R.  Part number 14 087.   Screws into the mirror
lock-up cable release socket and has short protrusion you push on.I
ordered one without asking the price and was astounded when this little
bitty piece of hardware set me back US$ 29.  A less elegant solution that
works perfectly is to carry a common metal paper clip, bend one leg of the
paper slip out and use it to push gently into the socket until you hear
the mirror flip up.  Works just fine, you can't hurt anything and you
can't beat the price.
Mike Gardner