Subject: [Leica] New LUG Web Page
From: "Bruce L. Bevelheimer" <bruceb@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:17:03 -0800

Greetings LUGgers--

I have recently begun to put together a web site which includes
photography-related content and links at http://www.chaosmos.com. A week or
so ago when I was trying to remember the URL for a LUG member's web site to
show a colleague at work I realized that I could put a page on my site with
LUG member links to jog my memory in the future. Then I found an easy way to
set it up so you people could add your own links.

The page is now functional. Tina graciously allowed me to start the page off
with a link to her web pages. To view the links, go to
http://www.chaosmos.com, click on "Leica Users Group Links", and then on
"Member Links". To add your own link, click where you see "Add URL".

There are a number of advantages to this system. For one thing I don't have
to respond to requests to add links or try to find them all myself ;-) ! For
another, the link management software will check each link daily and remove
(temporarily) those that can't be reached AND send you email informing you
of the problem. There is also a link on the page leading to the link page
that will allow you to add comments.

I hope you folks will make use of this service so I'll have lots of links to
show my friends when they ask about "that funny camera" I carry (M3 or CL).

Peace--
Bruce Bevelheimer
bruceb@ricochet.net
bruce@chaosmos.com