Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tele-Elmarit vs Summicron
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 21:36:24 +0000

>> From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
>> Subject: [Leica] Re:  Tele-Elmarit 90M(was:Elmar C 90mm)
>>
>> Bob: I've had a Tele-Elmarit for years and it is a damn fine lens. Better
>> than my 90 Summicron, 90 Elmar or 90 Elmarit.
>>
>> Ken Wilcox
>>
>My experience with the Tele-Elmarit was the opposite of yours. My
>Summicron 90mm is much better than my Tele-Elmarit 90mm was,
>but it was not bad either. The most disturbing thing was that is was
>quite prone to flare, the Summicron is not.
>All the best!
>Raimo

Yep... same in my experience.  From the posts that I have read, the
tele-elmarit is either very good or a flare prone lens.  One can never tell
until you have tried the one that you have.  Mine was Wetzlar made and was
so prone to flare in spite of a well fitted hood that I decided to sell it
off and have never looked back.

The 90 summicron, on the other hand, produced fantastic portraits and I
love to use it at f2-2.8.  Make sure the speed is at least 1/250 sec and
focus accurately on the nearer eye.

Dan K.