Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 focusing problems, now what to shoot?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:07:25 -0600

At 08:13 AM 2/21/99 -0600, you wrote:
>My vision is NOT perfect.  I just can't get those %^$^&*&*%&*%&*% diopters
>adjusted correctly making focusing way harder than necessary.

My vision is better than perfect.  :-)

20/15 both eyes, that is.

And yet I had trouble focusing until I got it set right. I find it quite
easy to set, really. Just put a long lens, focus at infinity and point at
the floor. Then adjust until the selective meter ring in the center is tack
sharp. Voila! Perfect diopter correction.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!