Subject: Re: [Leica] (Fwd) Re: film scanners - new Polaroid Sprint Scan 4000 (dpi)
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 13:12:19 -0700

Any ideas how this would compare to a drum scan? I just had one done from a
6x6 transparency, which resulted in a TIFF file around 56 megabytes in size,
but to date, it's the best digital match I've ever seen of a film original
(shadows in particular look good), and I'd be eager to have more of my
images digitized in this manner, but for the $45/scan cost. Why do these
things cost so much, and how come they seem to work so much better than
other scanning methods anyway?

Jeff