Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hassleblad Xpan
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:41:44 -0800

my experience in panorama is limited to a 6:3  mask I have for the
Hasselblad.  Putting the camera in the front seat of the car on a tripod
and heading out I was struck my the number of shots I kept visualizing
everywhere. Why? The windshield of the Car! I felt like I was driving
around in my camera. It was invigorating.
Driving around Colorado last year back alone and with LHSA I had to
force myself to contain myself about my excitement for what I was seeing
and the possibility of shooting it in this newly announced camera.
Much of the brilliance of the camera is the simple acknowledgement of
the need for this format done in this way. (extended 25mm film).
(Widelux and Noblex a different ballgame)
I'm sure it will be a success and others will follow and then things
will really get interesting.
Mark Rabiner