Subject: Re: [Leica] Turn (some) Leicas into digital cameras come June
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:55 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Alex Hurst wrote:

> Hi LUGnuts
>
> It seems that the first gizmo to turn traditional film cameras into
> digital
> devices will be marketed from next June.
>
> Point your browsers at:
>
> http://www.imagek.com/

Well we've mentioned this three or four times on this list. The bottom
line is that these people have yet to show anyone a working prototype.
Lots of mock-ups, but no kit.

They first promised to show working prototype in Spring 1998, and ship in
the Summer of that year. The 'real thing' always seems to be months away.

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)