Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Pyro film developer
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:25:38 -0800

"Curt Miller,EMW" wrote:

> >> Lugs- Are any of you processing your film in pyro?-Paul
>
> I've been using PMK pyro for the past 1 1/2 years (exclusively).  I do a
> couple of hundred rolls per year, bot 35mm and 2 1/4.  The results are
> astounding but there is a learning curve and a bit of experimentation
> involved.  If you want to see an incredible match, just try PMK with DP100
> in you Leicas - it's awesome what pyro does with highlights and the
> sharpness is phenomenal.
>
> Curt

Theres a thing out now in one of the better magazines about Ansel Adams
describing some of his better prints moonrise being done in D23 dilute
and intermittent water baths G filter and Aspins an eight by ten
panatomic! done in pyro which he says shows wormholes in a larger print
which he says would not be visible with the D23. I'm all set to give it
a shot! and will be placing a large order with Photographers Forumlary
in the next day or so to reset myself up as I have not gone the hard
core chemisty route for almost a decade. I used to get all kinds of
stuff from them regularly. I've tried Glycin and Amidol but Pyro I think
I missed. Cathatol I've still got some of and I think I didn't try. I
might be old and should order a small amount of new.
Mark Rabiner