Subject: Re: [Leica] Response to the Digital Thread
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:28:46 -0700

I agree with you, Bruce. I would hate to be a pro. My worst photographic
experiences have generally come when I was trying to earn some money with a
camera.
It's an old story, but may be new to a few people HC-B was asked how a got
into photography. He replied that it was like getting into prostution. You
start out doing it for fun. Then you do it for your friends. Then you do it
for money. I like to stay at stage one and dabble in stage two.
The Lodge quote reminded my of AA's statement that nothing is so depressing
as a perfectly implemented bad idea.
Thanks for the post,
Joe Stephenson

[cut]
>To me this says it all about the value of the Leica "M" and just a couple
of
>lenses and B&W film.  If I was a pro and had to worry about bringing home
>the bacon, I, too, would go for all the technological help I could get.
But