Subject: [Leica] The 'civilised' LUG (was 'my thoughts on e-mail')
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:37:22 +0000

Nathan wrote:

 I note with sadness the decline
>in decorum that has occurred during the relatively brief time I have been a
>member. The LUG is still by far the most civilized mailing list I have ever
>participated in, but less so now than back in April 98 when I first joined.

I agree with your 'civilised' sentiment. I've got more good advice (often
painstakingly researched) and more good deals in Leica kit from the LUG
than from any other. Now I'm looking forward to putting faces to those
helpful names when I and my wife are over in the US and Canada in June/July.

Don't worry too much about the periodic 'spats'. If you think this one is
bad, you should have seen what went on before you joined! Give it a few
weeks, and the 'machismo factor' will die down. We might even get back on
topic. :-)

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst