Subject: Re[4]: [Leica] Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:36:59 -0500
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:49:29 -0500

     Eric,

     Perhaps you're right.  I'm not in the publishing industry.  Everyone
     values everything differently, and supplies and demands in different
     markets differ too.  Perhaps to a publisher the written word is more
     valuable than a photograph.  It just seemed to me that that's for the
     publisher to decide and that his decision presumably would be based on
     the perceived supply and demand in that market and need not be taken
     as "denigrating" what the photographer does.

     I agree it would be rude of you to get upset with the bookkeeper; but
     if tax software now costs $29, then to offer the bookkeeper $29 to do
     taxes is not to denigrate what he does; rather it simply reflects the
     changed market.

     :)

     Art Peterson