Subject: [Leica] Colour Leica Photographers (B&W vs. Colour)
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:18:15 -0700

Hi,

There are some great (IMHO) photographers out there using colour Leicas
(often M's) for documentary/PJ type work.

Some of my favourites are Bill Allard, David Allen Harvey and Alex Webb.
(two of my other favourites tend to use Medium Format - Martin Parr & Nick
Waplington). And of course, the "original" colour photographer Ernst Haas.
In fact, I think there are many photographers using colour today who still
don't ever manage to achieve what Haas did with colour.

I think that to make really good documentary/reportage photographs of this
kind, in colour, is oft times harder to achieve than with black and white.

Tim Atherton