Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: my thoughts on e-mail
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:53:13 +0100

Roger,

I have not been on so many lists; but certainly this one is more civil
than the motorcycle list I used to be on (no Hells Angels types, just
regular bikers) or even some of the Compuserve forums.

I do agree that the unmoderated nature of the list has a certain
attraction, and overall I am very happy being on the LUG. By now
I can tell who posts the nasties and in which threads, so I just make
judicious use of the DEL key.

Nathan

Roger Beamon wrote:

> Would that this were true, Nathan. There are many many mailing
> lists that are far more civilized and less combative than this.
>
> It is probably true that size has a lot to do with it, since others
> have much smaller subscriber lists and/or tighter supervision by
> the listowner.
>
> It could be argued that freedom means a greater inherent risk.
> Most of us, I'd wager, will opt for the freedom. Peer pressure is
> about all we have to keep things civil, but don't underestimate
> peer pressure!

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium