Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: Zeissler@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:05:54 EST

In a message dated 2/23/99 2:44:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RBedw51767@aol.com writes:

> Perhaps the statement below was taken out of context and, if so, please
> accept my apology.  The way that I interpreted this statement is;  " I have
decided
>  that I am a professional and because of this I deserve to be treated as
one."

>  Is is like me saying that I am a brain surgeon and from now on you must
> refer to me as "Doctor."  I may not do too well on my surgery but that's ok
I'm
>  still a doctor.
>
>  I would think that there is a lot of pressure being a Professional
>  Photographer and you must constantly prove it not only to yourself but to
> your client.  I would think that it would be extremely difficult to keep
yourself
>  "up" day-in and day-out.  Seven day work weeks are common arent't they?
>
>  I think I would have a better chance at being a brain surgeon than a
>  professional photographer!
>
>  Doctor Bob Bedwell
>  Cash Only/No Refunds
>
>  << > I am a professional, I deserve to be treated like a professional. But
>  first
>   >  *I* must treat *myself* like a professional.
>   >
>   >  Bob Keene
>   >  Keene Vision Photography
>   >  "Creating Visions That Last A Lifetime"
>   >  (and what is a "Lifetime" worth....?)
>
>   I knew this was a 12 step group the moment I set eyes on it. ;-)
>
>   /Mitch
>    >>

Oh, boy. :-(

I didn't mean to start the thread on another tangent.

I myself had severe problems getting the respect I felt I had earned when I
was in the multi-image field (not just as a photographer, but many other hats
as well).  I saw Bob Keene's post and it felt like an opportunity to make a
lighthearted comment, knowing that so many of us are in the exact same boat.

I apologize with all sincerity and hope others realize I meant no ill.

/Mitch