Subject: Re: [Leica] volunteer picture taking
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:23:51 -0800

My hit on the charity thing is that however noble the cause it is run my
fund raisers. Spaced out old money people who have nothing better to do
in their spare time then to try to outdo each other rasiing money for
people they would not allow in thier car let alone in their house. Also
being it is a great excuse to throw a party.
The mind sets with MANY of these people does not relate to your time
being worth more than a hundred dollars an hour let along minimum wage
which they might also have problems on other levels with.
Often these people have an uncanny knack for being insulting every five
seconds under the guise of complementing you or whatever. They are
masters at putting you down. You won't escape unscathed becuse they
charm you first.
On the other hand often the Yuppies are worse but usually I'd take a
Yuppie over a Muffy any day.
On the long run its Genetic. People come from long lines of families who
think photographers are either Gods or dirt. Find the right lineage to
deal with.
Then there are the PHOTO FAMIES who are always behind you with their
Sureshot. Forget to put film in your camera? NO PROBLEM The event has
been compleatly covered.
I do love looking through their family albums though and on their walls
plastered with badly framed 5 by 7s.
Mark Rabiner