Subject: Re: [Leica] The perception of photographic quality
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:53:07 -0700

Jim,
You are quite correct. It is all too easy to find people displaying (and
selling?) what can only be described--as you say--as bad. It is rather
depressing. However, what is really scary is that you are just seeing one
especially annoying example of the decline of taste and knowledge. Take
virtually any example from film to home design to radio or tv, to what have
you. The result is the same; lots of visually unfortunate and unsatisfying
glop. But, I admit, is is annoying and shocking to have someone regard a bad
photograph, and then hear them wax on about its beauty.
In wonder,
Joe Stephenson