Subject: Re: [Leica] Boston Lug Session etc.
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:59:18 EST

Hi Phong:

1.  Thanks for the background on the Boston LUG Session and future plans.

2.  I'm also interested in B&W Photography.  Want to take a course and build a
Darkroom.  At the Burlington Mall this afternoon, while attending to my cell
phone problems with Bell Atlantic,  I came across a photographer shooting with
an M6 and assorted lenses... photographying his young son with his wife
patiently observing.  I promised myself if he was still there on my return
from my Bell Atlantic business I would stop and speak to him.  He was...and I
did...and we spoke at some length about Leica Photography and B&W processing.

3.  My new-found Leica acquantance soups his Tri X Film (nothing but Tri X
Film for him!) in Xtol (nothing but Xtol for him!), and he swears by this
combination.  I'm just learning the ropes and so I listened hard...looking
forward to the day of testing his experience against mine.

4.  RE LUG members:  I find myself wondering whether others on the LUG share
this passion for Tri X Film and Xtol developer?????

5.  A Point of Information on a Local Photographic Society:  I am aware that
on the First Sunday of every month The Photographic Historical Society of New
England (PHSNE) meets at a High School in Waltham,  just off Route 95 (128):
hope to attend the next meeting.

6.  PHSNE plans trip to China soon.

    (Also in the spirit of neighborly sharing...Action is near
Lunenburg...PHSNE has a phone/fax listing:  617 928 0366.  There homepage
address is http:/www.ultranet.com/-copley/phsne.  PHSNE publishes a journal
and their email address is:  journal@imagepr.com).

Best of Light,

Leon