Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 06:34:06 EST

Eric:

I am an absolute fanatic on quality and, you are right, I would never tack
professional to my name until I met my own personal standards.   I also won't
venture into something until all the odds are in my favor to succeed.
Therefore, I love the hobby part of it.   If it ever becomes anything close to
work I will get rid of all this gear.   I couldn't stand the embarrassment of
not delivering to my client more than what they expected.

As for being a "hack brain surgeon" that does stimulate my interest.  I have
run across a few people in my life that I might enjoy experimenting with!

Thanks for the note.

Bob Bedwell

<< That very well may be true. It's not only enough to know the business, and
 to know what to do technically, you have to have something else special to
 be among the best professionals. I assume you don't want to be a "hack"
 professional, right? Just like you wouldn't want to be a hack brain
 surgeon. :-) >>