Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:41:31 -0500

At 09:01 PM 1999-02-23 EST, Rob Bedwell wrote:
>Marc:
>
>How would you like it if
>the guy at the Roanoke Weenie Stand decided he wanted to be a lawyer tomorrow
>morning and began presenting himself as one?  I bet this would change your
>opinion about it being "Much Ado About Nothing!

Absolutely not.  I am 100% opposed to the "restraint of trade" system of
restricting professions to those who jump through appropriate hoops.  If
you wished to retain the fellow at the Weenie Stand to serve as your
counsel and advocate, you certainly should have that right, though you
might also be either ecstatic or severely upset at the results.  But,
bluntly, he probably could do a better job for less money than the average
practicing Member of the Bar, so let's change the system!

Power to the People!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!