Subject: [Leica] Re: Definition of a Professional
From: "Paul T. Winkfield" <pwink@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:55:07 -0800

My two rolls on this thread:

Didn't the whole 'Professional' thing get overblown via the trade mags? (pop Photo and Modern)
to separate the 'better' paid photogs (and their cameras) from the rest of us?
I have a Metz catalog that says Electronic flash for the Professional (does that mean I'm
not allowed to buy one?

 I thought Professional originally ment you was paid cash for you pictures,and the rest of
us shoot for the 'love of the Art' or something like that..(is that the meaning of Amature)

I jokingly refer to myself as a 'well paid amature' even if my pay is a bag of cookies!
(my sister bakes a mean batch of them).

Seriously..ASMP is cool to the point that there is a place to get books and legal advice,
they throw some neat parties too! But it's not a badge that you take better pictures than
the rest of us...anyway, isn't IRS the only one who really cares?
<paul>