Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: olympus vs leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:39:17 -0800

That outfit he describes the OM 4T is very Leicalike in my opinion. The
glass may not be quite as excellent as he says it is but excellent none
the less. The compactness of its look in a camera case could easily have
more appeal than the same outfit in R8 to an M user. Those are little
gems of cameras and lenses. When they say T they are not talking about
titanium paint. Its a shame the whole company lost its image as a
serious contender in the autofocus era. It was the system my best friend
used when I started out with my chunky (pre FM influenced by Olympas)
system. Its possible that if it wasn't for them we'd all be shooting
with M5's and speaking…..?
Mark Rabinereeze