Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Newsletter and financial report.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:48:00 -0600

At 01:44 PM 2/25/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Prediction - If Leica is going to survive as a manufacturer of serious photo
>gear - as opposed to just P&S - some time in the next 12 to 24 months they
>will abandon the R line.

Not so many years ago, it was the R line the kept the M line alive. They
were making a lot more money selling Rs at the time. (Some time in the 80s
as I remember). Now it's the other way around. This anti-R sentiment is
always cropping up. If the R line dies, I will buy an F5 and go my merry
way. But it won't happen.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is a  free  gift ? Aren't all gifts free?