Subject: [Leica] What's wrong with my HP Scanner?
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:17:45 -0500

Last week we spent some days in New York and I was very fortunate to catch
the 'sweet light' behind the Manhattan skyline (from Brooklyn).  Some really
nice pictures 15 minutes after sundown.  I used my M6, 35mm Summilux, Kodak
E200 slide film and through the projector they are all tack sharp.
When I scan it with the HP PhotoSmart the pictures are pitiful, to say the
least.  We like the scanner for negatives but for slides this is a dog.  I
tried it with HP and with Vuesmart Software but there is no difference in
the pictures' sharpness.  I calibrated it but that didn't change anything
either.
Am I doing something wrong?  The slides are mounted in a slim plastic frame.

I would appreciate your help.  Thank you.
Jörg Willems