Subject: Re: [Leica] Film - for Diving in Belize
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:03:01 -0500

At 11:31 +0000 26/02/99, Wood, Darrell (London) wrote:
> Can any body help
> I am diving in Belize in 2 Weeks.  What speed slide film would be best.
> Regards
> Darrell Wood

There's a specialized underwater photo e-mail list.
There are many professionals on that list
and they could give you a very definitive answer
in no time at all.

If with flash, your favorite high quality DAYLIGHT color film:
but then it really depends on what sort of shots you have in
mind: larges spanses or close-up or macro, to choose speed .
Yet: better check with the underwater photo crowd.

Do you have a Nikonos or Nikonos RS ?
	Nikon folk could be of help
	through their 1-800 customer desk.

When I subscribed to that group, much too specialized for my
interests, quite a few mentioned Velvia as their favorite,
many preferred K25 / K64.

I wish you a safe dream trip
(many ravenous sharks in these waters... be careful).
You're about to enter a trip I have yearned for
since childhood: lucky dog!

AJQ

   "Only when it's dark enough
    can you see the stars."