Subject: Re: [Leica] The Euphoria of a Self-Confessed Semi-Pro
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:17:12 -0500

     Congratulations, Marc!  That's great!

     Art Peterson

Subject: [Leica] The Euphoria of a Self-Confessed Semi-Pro
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internet
Date:    2/25/99 7:47 PM

Well, guys, I got my first REAL publication photo credit today, on page
Extra 6 of the ROANOKE (Virginia) TIMES (aka, the ROANOKE PRAVDA, the
ROANOKER BEOBACHTER, the NEW ROANOKE NEWS AGENCY, and, yes, it IS rumoured
that "we fit all the news to print").

The guy who gave them the shots shouldn't oughta have done it, but, what
the hey, it was a wonderful experience to wake up this morning and to see
my name below the pix, in print.  (I'd been paid for them, and one had
already been run, in a publicity flier/schedule, but I'd only granted
first-pub rights.  No, I am NOT going to object!)

I had as grand a feeling twenty-five years back, the first time I sold a
free-lance article nationally.

Alas, the story is on the Web, but NOT the pictures!  So be it!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!