Subject: [Leica] Re: Eric-loading an M6
From: sandyquandt@centuryinter.net
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 99 00:06:39 GMT

I know, I know, I'm a confirmed futzer...but I'm working on it!!!!!!! Maybe we
need a 12 Step program for obsessive film loaders... :-) I have the Tom A
Rapidwinder and I haven't transferred the "basket" that would press down on the
takeup spool. I haven't had a problem without it but I still feel as if I'm
being "too careful" when I load the film. The crimp always appears about two
inches from the end of the leader right at the point where the film emerges
from the metal canister. In other words, when I pull out the film to thread it
into the "tulip" it isn't quite flat, and this slightly irregular spot is the
place where the film hangs up instead of seating itself another 1/8" down to
the guide. I have to jiggle the film a bit to get it completely
seated.(Hopefully this explanation is making sense...) I'm going to try
practicing the quick load technique, while repeating the "This is EASY!"
refrain.

Sandy (who's not ready to try loading with gloves on...yet)