Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideas for cap-keeping?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:25:53 -0800

>"Andrew M. Moore" wrote:
>
>> I should have clarified.
>>
>> I carry the M with me at all times, over my right shoulder, hanging
>> straight down on the same side, lens towards my body.  When I'm
>> carrying it this way, I'm generally not shooting.  This is when the
>> hood cover / caps pop off, when they rub against my side.

Hi Andrew,

In this manner the only thing you need is the "lens shade!"  I obviously
missed this in your earlier post and my return response

The actual caps are no big deal. The lens shade is a necessity at anytime.

And as Carl said, if you have the misfortune to drop a lens the shade at
least  takes the impact.  The lens cap wouldn't do diddly squat.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant