Subject: Re: [Leica] Well... many more of you will hate me now. (off topic, long)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:39:20 -0600

At 06:48 PM 2/26/99 -0800, you wrote:
>It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see, hear, and know, how biased our
>news reporting establishment is

My Gosh, that hero of moderate, intellectual, honest exchange of truth Rush
Limbaugh coulnd't have said it better.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how a broad brush like this is
as, or more, biased than any news media outlet, or individual journalist.

I'm not saying we're prefect, folks. Far from it. We have our problems, not
the least of which is bean counters who force us to be beholden to
advertisers and government, etc. But the honest efforts of many journalists
is insulted by such accusations that are as biased, and unfair as anything
out there this side of the Drudge report. Outrageous.

You'd think the Illuminati was running "the media." We sure wish we had
that kind of power. And there ain't any way we have anywhere near the
organization to be biased in one way or the other. Over 80 percent of
newspapers are owned by conservative republicans. You think we follow a
liberal agenda? Right. And I have a 90mm Noctiux to sell, cheap.

Sorry, Jim, but that got to me.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch