Subject: [Leica] R.P.A.C.Savenjie's report about an R8 motor drive prototype
From: "GBicket" <GBicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:08:59 -0700

LUGgers,

Please pardon this attempt to communicate with fellow LUGger RPAC Savenjie
via the LUG.  I have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to respond directly
to RPACSavenjie's report about using Leica hardware on a loaner test day.
This Mr./Ms. Savenjie talked about a "new motor winder prototype", and
responded directly that he/she had mispoken, and that it WAS a motor DRIVE
prototype.

My mail to this Mr./Ms. Savenjie won't travel, even when I click on the
highlighted email address in the LUG and also when attempting to use the
address on the response I was sent.  All I get in response is UNDELIVERABLE.
Don't know if MSN just doesn't like the address or something else is wrong
between Colorado and the Netherlands.

However in Savenjie's email to me, I came to understand that Savenjie had
actually intended to report use of a motor DRIVE prototype.  But again, I
couldn't respond directly.  Since this issue is of interest to many LUGgers,
I would like to ask Mr./Ms. Savenjie to please address this issue of whether
the loaner was a winder or it was indeed the new R8 motor drive many of us
have been waiting for.  If this was indeed that motor drive, please tell us
about it...How did it function, was its size cumbersome, significantly
different than the winder, was it heavy, how fast was it, were you pleased
with its function and ergonomics, ..........and did they tell you anything
about availability???

Thanks to LUGger Savenjie, and the patience of the LUG.  Hope for a motor
DRIVE [in our lifetime] springs eternal!

Enjoy the light!

Greg