Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in the future
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:00:13 +0100

Dominique, Bob,

Is this really helpful ? Is it so difficult to make the effort of trying
to understand what can push people on this list to conclusions such as
those Erwin just voiced ?

Funnily enough, I think I understand his reaction.  And certainly wish
we found ways of convincing him that his reports and, even more, the
work that goes into them, are highly respected by this list. I
personally do not equate our daily posts of trivia with his monthly
research and content-rich efforts. Do you ?

I can also relate to his call asking each of us to refrain once in a
while from constant radical judgements on matters we do not comprehend,
even if I'm also 'guilty' of randomly letting steam off here that is
probably gathered in other activities....

The LUG would not be the LUG without the likes of each of the daily
posters. But the LUG would certainly not be the high-end documentary
source it sometimes is without Erwin's on-going contributions...

Alan