Subject: [Leica] Leica in the future
From: "Gerry Walden" <photos@gerrywalden.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 08:09:34 -0000

Thank you Erwin for putting a few home truths down for those of us who
happily use our cameras for taking photos day in and day out with no
problem.   I, for one, changed to leica after many years of dreaming about
owning one (I now have an M3 and an M6 together with a variety of lenses)
and I have never felt a moment of regret.   They ideally suit me and my type
of work, and they are simply the best lenses and cameras I have used in some
40 years of photography.   It is the people who constantly complain and pull
Leica to pieces for nit-picking little things that will eventually be the
demise of the marque, not the thousands of very satisfied users out here!
I look forward to the changes that Erwin talks about and hope that I can
afford some of them, but in the meantime I will sleep easy in my bed knowing
that, even if I can't, the camera that was made 40 years or more ago will
still earn me money and give good service.   How many more brands can you
say that about?

Gerry (UK)