Subject: [Leica] Focomat IC question
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:45:24 +0000

Hey list,

Mind if I pose a question concerning use of a Focomat IC enlarger? A friend
needs some advice. He has a real problem with newton rings and has been
advised to use corn starch?! between the film and the condenser glass that,
if I understand it correctly, sits directly atop the neg during exposure.
The fine cornstarch powder apparently creates enough airspace between the
glass and the neg to eliminate the newton rings but it creates a real
spotting problem, for obvious reasons. This sounds bizarre to me but I am
going by what he was told. Is he missing a part? Was this once a
proceedure? If this is too on-topic for the list to handle please email me
privately. =;)

Bill Franson