Subject: Re: [Leica] [Leica} Two cultures
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:30:35 -0700

Erwin, Leicaphilia is a passion, not a rational state of mind!

A number of folks here do possess profound knowledge on various Leica
matters, but clearly, not all of them care to proclaim themselves as
"experts", or confine themselves to narrow specialties. In my own line of
work, I refuse any efforts to brand me as "expert" or "guru", as I regard
these as synonomous with "pompous ass"! No, I'm just a guy who knows some
useful stuff, but is always learning something new, and lots of my posts
reflect this attitude.

Jeff

PS: I'm not much of a Trekkie (the movie about the whales was okay), but
I've lately been enjoying Neal Stephenson's novel Snow Crash.