Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Nikkor dogs
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:03:18 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:

> A very long time ago, in a Galaxy... no sorry...  a very long time ago,
> while visiting Alpa in Switzerland, they had finished making a few
> pre-production Nikkor to Alpa adapters. I was going to be there for a week,
> so they gave me one to take out and use. Along with a Nikkor 43-86mm zoom.
> They let me keep the adapter, but I happily gave them back the lens. What a
> dog!

snip
I know when I am being provoked. The repeated references to this lens
being a dog!
I don't hear it answering to the name: Hektor.
It would be hard for me not to think your were using this word "Dog" in
a negative sense!.
Well our illustrious designers of our black forest lenes thought their
artful designs were real dogs. Who will live for ever.... on and on.
Mark Rabiner