Subject: [Leica] "We're out of here!"
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:57:36 EST

Dear LUGgers,
 Spring is in the air (somewhere!) and the LUGgers are getting itchy to go
away. Me , too. And at this moment we are waiting for the airport cab and
"We're out of here!". A handful of M's, some lenses, ranging from 15mm to
90mm, two plastic bags with film (100 ASA Neopan Presto in one smallish bag
and a very large one with Tri-X), a couple of changes of clothing, some
Rapidwinders and Softies and a mixed bag of European currencies. One shoulder
bag each and a camera bag each. Travelling light and if one runs out of
something, it is available where ever we go.
 This is what it is all about - not which lens is best, or which film or even
which camera. As usual, I am only taking the tried and true; 2 M6's (1 is a
new TTL HM), a M3 and a M2. Tuulikki is taking her M4P (truly tried and true -
been in the family since 1981 and looks it) with the "Ur-Rapidwinder'  and a
28/2,8 on it. No more long hours in the workshop, just going around, taking
pictures for the hell of it. Stopping for essentials; coffee, wine, pasta,
browsing in the local stores, reading the paper at a Trattoria, Bistro,
Gasthaus,  Konditori or Pub, depending on the country.
 We will be back on April 1, so until then keep the peace, keep shooting and
we will give the LUG a fleeting thought now and then (except when we are with
other LUGgers, at which time we will comment on all of you not present at the
table!).
Signing off Softly and wandering Windingly out in the sunset towards the
airport!
Tom & Tuulikki Abrahamsson