Subject: RE: [Leica] Greatest Leica Photographers
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:16:07 -0800

Eric,

I am sure he used many lenses, but I do remember that pre-war he used a 50mm
F1.5 Sonnar in LTM.  the reason was it was the fastest lens (at 1.5) during
that time period and assisted in his use of available light.  With all the
experts on the list (some will hopefully chose not excercise their DEL key
when they see a post from me), I am sure someone can reference use of this
lense better than I.  Regardless, I like much of his work, although again
the quintessential street shooter for my was Walker Evans.

Peter K