Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs Olympus
From: raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:07:05 +0100

> From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
> Subject: [Leica] Leica v Olympus
>
> Hi all,
> I have had an Olympus OM1 for 22 years and an OM4Ti for about 10. Never had
> any problems, much smoother than my R6.2, and the aperture ring at the
> right end of the lens:-)
> The top and bottom plates are solid Titanium not a coating like the M6. If
> there is any wear it is in the paint.
<snip>
The one I examined had nothing solid, let alone solid titanium. It
was those so called champagne colour "titanium" models and the
brass showed through top and bottom. To avoid brassing you must
have the OM2000 model.
All the best!
Raimo

Photos at: http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen