Subject: Re: [Leica] 60 Optics
From: "Moore, Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:05:57 -0500

> Has the optical design of the 60 macro changed over the years. I've
> noticed changing model numbers but have seen no optical tweaks.
Perhaps
> mechanical updates?

The only change I've heard of so far is a mechanical one: the distance
scale inside the clear window on the lens was once engraved or painted,
and later it was replaced by a stick-on piece of foil.  In one case that
heard about, the foil had peeled off under the window and fouled up the
focusing mechanism.  Not exactly what I'd call a change for the better.
But it is a great lens, optically -- I wish I still had mine.