Subject: Re: [Leica] great photographers
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:19:32 -0800

Donal,

Thanks for the URL...

I have a couple of his books and in my mind, he is indeed an artist.
Interesting that he is going back to the M's, which I believe he used early
in his career. I think that most of his work in the past few years has been
done with Leica R's. Annie Griffiths Belt was here in the neighborhood last
year and I ask her why he had gone back on staff after all of the earlier
problems at Geographic. She thought his main reason was the fact that he had
a new family, with a young son, and needed to provide a little more
stability for the family.

I just hope he doesn't trade in the pickup truck for a mini van!  Hero
worship only goes so far...

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA