Subject: Re: [Leica] THE QUALITY OF GARBAGE
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 13:59:21 -0800

I love these names out of nowhere complaining about the quality of
conversation.
I picture it happening in a crowed bus or a Woody Allen Movie:
"Excuse me Sir's but I find the quality of this conversation most
uninspiring and generally not to my liking I'm turning my hearing aid
off immeadietly" (I wish I had one to turn off, earphones would work)
Where's Marshal McCluen when you need him to come in and straighten out
the Dialog.
"Excuse me sir but everything you have said has not had an element of
truth in it."
"I think I'm going to delete this conversation if you don't mind"
"I think I'm going to delete the entire soundtrack from the whole week!!"
The next time I overhear a conversation I don't like in a restaurant I'm
going to tell them I am deleting their conversation. I should get some
quizzical looks.
The ramifications of this level of rudeness should force the entire
ettiquette industry to regroup.
I am remembering the scene in "A Thousand Clowns" by Herb Gardner when
the character played Jason Robards Jr. Yells out the window into the
alley complaining about:
THE QUALITY OF GARBAGE IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD HAS GOT TO GO IMPROVE!
I don't find that at all rude.
Mark Rabiner