Subject: [Leica] RE: Seattle Film Works
From: "Michael D. Turner" <mike@lcl-imaging.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 19:34:36 -0800

At 12:37 PM 3/4/1999 -0800, Richard Edwards wrote...
>>From http://photo.net/photo/film.html, in Phil Greenspun's list of film
>to avoid:
>
>"Anything derived from movie stock, e.g., Seattle Film Works. Movie film
>is
>lower quality than photographic film and it is also
>non-archival. Your memories will fade very quickly if you don't keep
>your processed negatives in the freezer (which is what movie studios
>do).
>[Note: normal color neg film will say "Process C41" on the canister.
>If it says "Process ***something else****" then you've got movie film.
>This is why the junk that Seattle Filmworks respools cannot be
>processed at your local minilab.]
See my other posts. They don't spool movie film anymore, but exploit this
ancient history by not mentioning c41 on the canister...
>There may be other opinions about this, but it seems they use
>movie stock. I would also be interested to hear further information.
Not. It's Agfa c41 film. Some labs know better and will process it. I did.
No problem. If you can't find somebody to process it, throw it away. Don't
pay SFW to do it.

Mike

"Sing whatever is well made..."
- -W. B. Yeats