Subject: [Leica] re: L Service Quote Slowness
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 99 06:16:33 +1100

[Servicing a 90mm R Summicron by Adeal Australia]

Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net> wrote:

>>Wonder how many pros on this list would stay in business
>>if it took them 5 days to issue an initial quote!  I've
>>gone from intial query to finished product in less time!!!
>
>Consider yourself lucky. Nikon Professional Services takes 2 to 3 weeks at
>least to fix anything on rush! What do you expect? Yours is not the only
>camera/lens to go in for repair. At certain times of the year (spring,
>before vacation time, up here) is a real busy time. Plus, you seem to be
>the victim of bad timing. Why should they bump other people's work to look
>at yours?

Ahem...

I was actually speaking about the time taken to merely
give a _quote_.  This should only take a couple of hours,
maybe a morning, not 5 calendar days...

Of course to actually work on the lens could take weeks
(like... duh).

Gareth Jolly <gareth.jolly@minters.com.au> added:

>You mean - 2 working days time.
>
>Doesn't sound too bad to me.

My point was, how many photogs would stay in business if
they didn't work Fridays, weekends & public holidays.  Or
took 5 days to respond to initial client queries.  ;^)

- -

As it turned out, after sufficient prompting from yours
truly, they got back to me on the following day.  So happy
ending after all.

Andrew N.
www.nemeng.com