Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Virus
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@trusted.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:57:14 -0500

I have no idea how I got this file on my home computer but run it and I
remember the 'Fireworks'.  So far I didn't notice any thing wrong with my
computer except that I sent (at least) two infected e-mails:  An e-mail that
I sent to a friend was not accepted by their server claiming that it had a
virus in my attachment.  Strange, because my message didn't have an
attachment.  Next day my boss received an e-mail from me and his Norton
e-mail virus scanning program detected the happy99 virus but that didn't
have an attachment either.
I have an old McAfee program on my computer with the latest virus list and
it didn't catch it.  I installed the latest McAfee 4.01 program and that
didn't catch it either.
My son downloaded last night the Norton virus program from the Internet (12
or 14Meg) which we will run this evening.

Some people have a strange sense of humor.  What a waste of time and
intelligence to write viruses!

Sorry for whining  Jörg