Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 35/2 question
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 18:41:54 PST

This is normal behavior.  My 35 f2 does the same thing.  I was so
curious about this lousy open aperture
performance I even wrote Erwin, and he confirmed my results.  It seems
that until you get to f3.5 the edge
performance of this lens is really crummy.  I guess the tradeoff is that
it is SO good AFTER 3.5 that most
people just don't care.  I compared the new asph. and the f2-f2.8
results are MUCH better.  I only wished I had
waited for the new lens to come out!

Best Wishes
Dan