Subject: RE: [Leica] Which would you choose?
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 06:38:53 -0500

Like automobiles changed from being 'luxury' and 'status symbol' (not for
everybody I realize) to a commodity/tool so has the computer.  I work with
computers since 1970.  I enjoy it but it doesn't give me that
pleasure/satisfaction that you are asking for.
My Leica continues to give me the same pleasure that my first automobile
did.  It is just something that I can't and don't need to explain.
Yesterday I assisted my wife at a wedding and I was shooting 10 rolls with
M6/Noctilux/Tmax400 combination.  I'm sure you understand:  That combination
'demands' that I give my best.  I never took drugs but I guess that's how it
feels.
After the wedding we went to a small restaurant and enjoyed the calm after
the storm.  My wife thanked me for helping her. Right!

Here is my pleasure/satisfaction list:
Wife (still crazy after 30 years ...), our 3 boys, Leica, Computer, ...

What a confession ....

Jörg